Millrock has chosen Mexico as one of its target mineral exploration for the following reasons:
- Excellent and proven geological potential to host major ore deposits;
- Near-surface deposits can still be discovered;
- Excellent infrastructure – road, rail, power, ports;
- Secure and stable land tenure system;
- Reasonable (though recently increased) taxation;
- Reasonable regulation and permitting system;
- Low cost of exploration and development;
- Good public geological database;
- Manageable security risk in the areas of the country we choose to work;
- Acceptable political risk and geopolitical stability;
- Recent mining law reforms are forcing long-held mining claims to relinquish (high work requirements after year 5);
- Economic downturn has caused companies to abandon mining claims;
- Great potential to generate numerous projects at low cost;
- Strong possibilities to get earn-in partners to participate – favorably viewed jurisdiction.
We have a competitive advantage by virtue of our proprietary geological database and operational ability of our staff.